Assembling gift boxes for new parents is just one of the many volunteer opportunities available.
We have more than 125 volunteers from every age group and stage of life. Each one wants to help make our patients’ experiences here at GRHS just a bit more comforting, kind and gentle. Your talents are welcome here.
Here are some of the positions and areas where our volunteers help us help our patients:
- Share insight and perspective as a member of our Patient and Family Advisory Council
- Knit or crochet baby caps for our nursery
- Sew surgical caps for children undergoing procedures in our surgery department
- Assist with Long Term Care activities
- Forge a friendship with a Long Term Care Resident. Download the Friends Across the Ages brochure to learn more.
- Make photocopies and help us recycle paper
- Make monthly door decorations for residents in Long Term Care
- Work in our gift shop
- Decorate GRHS for the holidays
- Distribute magazines to our waiting areas
- Distribute mail in Long Term Care
- Play a musical instrument for residents
- Help grant a wish for a resident through our Just One WISH program
- Assemble gift boxes for parents of newborns
- Visit one-on-one with a Long Term Care resident
- Play our beautiful grand piano in the hospital waiting area
- Lead the praying of the rosary for Catholic patients and residents in our chapel
- Mend laundry for various hospital departments
- Sew preemie size diapers and blankets for stillborn infants born at GRHS
- Assemble Long Term Care information packets for new residents and families
- Make monthly tray favors for Long Term Care residents’ meal trays
To learn more, call Denise Lemke, volunteer coordinator, at 320-864-7703, or submit the form below and she will contact you soon.